Friday, January 8, 2010

Crested Butte

I hope everyone had a happy new year.  Here are some pics and a brief recap of the trip.  I can't take credit for any of the pictures because while I brought a camera I didn't use it with my reasoning being that everyone else was taking pictures.



View from outside the front door onto the mountain at night.










All in all I had a great new years.  My only complaint being that once the sun went down it got really cold really fast and I just don't like being outside in 8 degrees. The first day of skiing was lots of groomers as they hadn't gotten any fresh snow.  I left the mountain about an hour before the lifts closed so I could do an easy run around town in the last bit of daylight.  Friday night a couple inches of snow fell and during Saturday a few more inches came down making the trails a bit softer which was nice because I was trying to learn how to Telemark.  Then Sunday was another long day in the car but very scenic as we went back through Ouray, Colorado and stopped to watch some Ice Climbers.





Some of the skiing crew from the first day.














Lift Picture





 Picture Down Main Street



I don't have anything too big planned for this weekend, I'm glad to be in town and not traveling as next weekend it looks like I'll be headed to Vegas for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment